Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing high level account reconciliations related to the Balance Sheet, Income Statements, AR and Cash reconciliation on a monthly basis, maintaining a high level of accuracy, integrity, timeliness of financial reporting and internal controls. The Senior Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager and directly perform duties related to Balance Sheet/Third Party or Income Statement/Grant Funding. The incumbent in the position will work in close partnership with the Accounting Managers and Department staff to achieve the essential job functions.
1. Perform timely month, quarter and year end close processes, ensuring the proper recognition and recording of all financial transactions by the set timelines.
2. Responsible for the preparation of monthly reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts.
3. Perform reconciliation and preparation of monthly Income Statement financial reports, entries to maintain the 3rd party/patient pay revenue, grant billing revenue, Accounts Receivable (A/R) and cash reconciliation
4. Participate in Agency and Grant related budgets by researching needed data and providing supporting schedules as assigned.
5. Monitor and update the fixed assets system and perform depreciation distribution. Participate in the annual physical inventory processes as needed.
6. Work closely with staff to resolve issues related to Payroll, Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Receivable Third-Party revenue and Grants Accounting functions of the Agency. Ensure that all general ledger accounts accurately reflect the Agency’s information.
7. Responsible for compiling all schedules and work papers for the annual financial and 403B audits.
8. Prepare all federal, state and local tax returns, statistical and performance reports ensuring that AHS is compliant with applicable filing requirement policies and procedures.
9. May serve as a lead in compiling all schedules and work papers for the annual financial and 403B audits.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Two years of accounting experience
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Experience in a healthcare non-profit agency, Lead or supervision experience
Last updated 12/10/2019
Asian Health Services
101 8th Street Oakland, CA 94607
Hours: 37.5 (1 FTE)
Salary: $71,662.50 – $74,100.00 annual + benefits