We now accept applications for clinical rotations from resident physicians and medical students.
We welcome applications for clinical rotations from medical students and residents. AHS is staffed by physicians who are dedicated to teaching primary care medicine. Many of our physicians are also on the UCSF faculty as clinical instructors.
Preference is given to students who are fluent in an Asian language and in upper-level training. We try to accommodate all requests, but are limited by language fit, and capacity of available preceptors. Due to limited preceptors, we are not hosting clinical rotations for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants at this time. We encourage nurse practitioners to apply for the AHS NP Fellowship upon graduation.
Please provide the following information to Dr. Alisa Takeda (ATakeda@ahschc.org):
- Cover letter
- Clinical Rotation Position Interest
- Attached Resume
If accepted for a clinical rotation, students are required to submit the proper documentation and attend an orientation with Human Resources prior to the start date.
Required Documentation for accepted students:
- Testing for TB exposure (QuantiFERON blood test or PPD skin test)
- Immunization record
- Copy of social security card
- Proof of eligibility of employment according to the Board for Homeland Security, such as a US passport or Resident Alien card (for medical residents only)
- Driver’s license
- Proof of malpractice insurance from medical school or residency