We are delighted that you have selected Asian Health Services (AHS) as your healthcare provider. Since 1974, we have committed ourselves to caring and advocating for the Asian and Pacific Islander community in Oakland.
At AHS, you’ll have access to whole patient care—a complete range of medical, dental, and mental health services, including:
GET STARTED – BECOME A MEMBER OF AHS
AHS is a Joint Commission-certified health center and is nationally-recognized for its advocacy work on behalf of patients. With more than 500 employees and a full range of medical services, we are a leading healthcare provider for Asians and Pacific Islanders in Alameda County.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule, reschedule, or cancel
a non-urgent medical appointment
please call your home clinic.
When you call in to make an appointment, please be prepared tell the staff member:
- Your language (if you do not speak English)
- Your name
- Your AHS ID number
The receptionist may need to direct your call to a staff member who speaks your language. If the staff member is not available, leave a message in his/her voice mail with the above information and:
- Your daytime phone number with area code
- The reason why you need to make an appointment
- OR the date of the appointment you wish to cancel or have missed. You may also ask to reschedule your appointment.
Announcement for AHS patients: On February 2, 2021, Asian Health Services started using a new appointment reminder system. To AHS patients-if you have an upcoming appointment, you will be receiving automated voice appointment reminders by telephone. These appointment reminders will be provided in Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean and English. When you receive this automated telephone reminder, please confirm your appointment by listening to the directions provided.
In case of emergencies, call 911.
When AHS is closed, call (415) 752-1316 when you need to talk to an AHS doctor or dentist because you feel sick or need medical advice.
Specialty Mental Health patients can call (415) 750-6788 .
- When you call, tell the answering service:
- Your name,
- Your AHS patient ID number or birth date,
- Your phone number, and
- The reason why you are calling.
- The answering service will pass your information onto a doctor.
Step 1: Check-in
- For every medical appointment, you will need:
- Appointment card
- Photo I.D. card
- Any health insurance card you have
- All your medications
- Co-payment for medical services
- Update any change of address and/or phone number
A staff member will check you in and ask you to sit in the waiting area. When your provider is ready to see you, a nurse will come out, call your name, and take you to the exam room. If you require an interpreter, please speak with our staff and one will be arranged for you.
Step 2: Seeing your Doctor
Before the doctor comes into the exam room to see you, healthcare staff will meet with you and take your information including your weight, pulse, height and blood pressure (also temperature if necessary).
Step 3: Check out and scheduling a follow-up appointment
After seeing your doctor, do not forget to check out. It is important that you check out because you may need:
- A lab form for a blood test
- A referral form to see a specialist
- A prescription for medication
- To schedule a follow-up appointment
- To have some financial matters processed, particularly if you are a HealthPAC (sliding fee discount program) patient.
All these things will be done for you during the check-out process by the clinic staff, not your doctor.
Beginning on January 1, 2022, if you are uninsured or plan to pay for health care bills yourself, health care providers must provide you with an estimate of expected charges before your appointment. This is called a “good faith estimate” (GFE). Providers must provide you with a GFE if you request one, or after you’ve scheduled an appointment. It should include expected charges for the primary appointment and any other services that are provided as part of the same appointment.
Asian Health Services is committed to providing accurate, efficient, and respectful billing services. If you have a question about a bill, please contact our Billing Department at: