NURSE PRACTITIONER FELLOWSHIP
The Asian Health Services Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program is a comprehensive one year training program for new graduate nurse practitioners focused on developing clinical skills and knowledge to succeed in the community health setting. This program is designed for nurse practitioners who have a commitment to working with the underserved population.
- Panel development clinic: Nurse Practitioner fellows develop their own patient panel while having a designated preceptor exclusively to consult.
- Specialty rotations: Internal rotations at Asian Health Services through different specialties including obstetrics, pediatrics, procedure clinic, cardiology, dermatology and behavioral health services.
- Partnered clinic: Nurse Practitioner fellows work as a partner with a specific provider (MD/NP/PA) and sees patients assigned by the provider off their daily schedule.
- Didactic: Formal learning sessions, CMEs and/or online educational lectures that address complex issues commonly encountered in primary care to further develop the foundation of clinical knowledge.
- One year salary position with possible employment opportunity after fellowship completion
- Paid time off and sick time
- Medical and dental benefits
- 403B retirement plan
- CME funds
- Education: Recent MSN or DNP graduate from accredited program
- Board certification completed prior to start of program.
- Licensing completed prior to start of program:
- California NP and RN license
- NP furnishing
- Recommendations (2)
- 1 clinical preceptors
- 1 academic
- Written essays (2)
- General application
Please EMAIL the NP Fellowship Application and all supplemental documentation listed above in one email to NPFellowship@ahschc.org.
Applications must be received by April 1, 2017. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews after April 1st, 2017.
NP FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION:
Recent nurse practitioner graduates interested in primary care in the community setting are encouraged to apply to the program. Fluency in an Asian language preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Our application cycle for 2018 will start in March. Please check back to our website on March 1st for the official application.
Please contact Jacqueline Chen, FNP (NPFellowship@ahschc.org) if you have any questions about the program or application process.
3/1/18: Application cycle opens
6/1/18: Application cycle closes
9/1/18: Acceptance notifications sent
10/15/18: Program start date