NURSE PRACTITIONER FELLOWSHIP
The Asian Health Services Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program is a comprehensive one year training program for new graduate nurse practitioners focused on developing clinical skills and knowledge to succeed in the community health setting. This program is designed for nurse practitioners who have a commitment to working with the underserved population.
- Panel development clinic: Nurse Practitioner fellows develop their own patient panel while having a designated preceptor exclusively to consult.
- Specialty rotations: Internal rotations at Asian Health Services through different specialties including obstetrics, pediatrics, procedure clinic, cardiology, dermatology and behavioral health services.
- Partnered clinic: Nurse Practitioner fellows work as a partner with a specific provider (MD/NP/PA) and sees patients assigned by the provider off their daily schedule.
- Didactic: Formal learning sessions, CMEs and/or online educational lectures that address complex issues commonly encountered in primary care to further develop the foundation of clinical knowledge.
- One year salary position with possible employment opportunity after fellowship completion
- Paid time off and sick time
- Medical and dental benefits
- CME funds
- Education: Recent MSN or DNP graduate from accredited program
- Board Certification completed 6 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Licensing completed 6 weeks prior to start of program:
- California NP and RN license
- NP furnishing
- DEA License
- Recommendations (2)
- 1 clinical preceptors
- 1 academic
- Written essays (2)
- General application
Please EMAIL the NP Fellowship Application and all supplemental documentation listed above in one email to NPFellowship@ahschc.org.
NP FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION CYCLE for 2020-2021 is currently closed.
Our application cycle for 2022 will be open shortly. Please check back on this website for the official application on the date listed below. Please feel free to contact Jacqueline Chen at NPFellowship@ahschc.org if you have further questions about the program!
Important dates for the 2022 cohort:
3/22/21: Application cycle opens
6/25/21: Application cycle closes
9/13/21: Acceptance notifications sent
2/7/22: Program start date