Under the direction of the Support Services Manager, provides supervision and work direction to Patient Services Representatives and to the Medical Phone Receptionist. He/she is responsible for day-to-day operations of the front office and coordinates with other departments, like Billing & Member Services, and with the Medical Records Supervisor to address workflow issues and solve problems in order that efficient and effective delivery of patient services are assured.
1. Supervises the Patient Services Representatives and Medical Phone Receptionist.
2. Schedules, assigns, supervises and reviews the work of front desk staff, ensures adequate staffing and coordinates workflow.
3. Orients and trains staff in work procedures, protocols, standards and safety &
4. Analyzes develops, updates, revises, communicates, implements and evaluates protocols that meet licensure, regulatory, and funding requirements. Ensures that changes in the procedure are enforced and implemented by staff.
5. Must be able to understand, prioritize, and manage competing interests among supervisees and peers, as well as when responding to patient needs.
6. Screens and recommends job applicants for hiring.
7. Conducts staff performance evaluation.
8. Recommend and prepare performance improvement plan, disciplinary action, dismissal, and other personnel actions in consultation and with approval of the Support Services Manager and the Clinic Service Manager.
9. Consults or communicates with Human Resource Director on matters related to the collective bargaining agreement, personnel policies, and labor laws.
10. Steps in for Support Services Manager as needed on matters related to front desk work.
11. Reviews staff timesheet and submits to the Support Service Manager.
12. Monitors staffing budget, equipment and supply purchases. Collaborate with other supervisor(s) to ensure and maintain appropriate spending.
13. Can competently perform the fundamental duties of a Patient Services Representative and Medical Phone Receptionist if a need arises.
14. Continually assesses existing system to accommodate changes in policies and procedures.
15. Exercises independent decision making, problem-solving and planning to improve quality of services provided.
16. Ensures that clinic policies and procedures are enforced and followed by staff.
17. Responsible for quality control.
18. Works with all clinic, membership, billing, and administrative department staff.
19. Addresses patient complaints and problems in a timely and satisfactory manner that assures high patient satisfaction with AHS clinic services.
20. Acts as a backup to support functions when necessary and if appropriate.
21. Conducts monthly meetings with the Patient Services Representatives and Medical Phone Receptionist.
22. Regularly reports to the Support Services Manager for guidance and accountability
23. Recommends and evaluates strategies to improve front-desk operation.
24. Participates in staff meetings.
25. Participates in the planning and coordination of special clinic days and other
26. Orders office supplies for the support services component.
1. Supervising staff including Patient Services Representatives, Medical Phone Receptionist, volunteers, and on-call front-desk employees.
2. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all AHS policies and applicable employment laws.
3. Responsibilities include screening, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Four years of relevant work experience along with increasing responsibilites
Preferred: Bilingual/biculutral in an Asian language preferred. Commitment to working in the Asian community, to community health care with community health clinics preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
Last updated 12/26/2019
Work Location: Chenming & Margaret Hu Medical Center
818 Webster Street
Hours: 37.5/week (1FTE)
Salary: $58,383/ annual + benefits