The individual who fills this position will be trained in the fundamental duties of the Patient Services Representative, Medical Records Assistant, Medical Assistant, and medical language interpretation to attain a level of competency as relief worker for these functions when the need arises. Standard duties include front desk and back office clinic duties, medical records duties, providing support in the front desk reception area for patient registration, appointment scheduling, patient follow-up and referrals, language interpretation assistance to various clinic personnel, and providing limited and simple medical assistance in the nursing area under the supervision of the Head Nurse.
1. Provide limited medical assistance services such as the basic prepping of patients including taking and recording vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure), height, and weight and other simple nursing procedures as appropriate after completing training that will be provided. Will provide CPR certificate.
2. Answer, screen and route telephone calls during peak hours.
3. Greet patients, register, update patient information, collect payment and reschedule patients during peak hours.
4. Complete referral forms and assist patients in scheduling referral appointments as needed.
5. Provide interpretation for providers, nurses, and other staff to patients and other clients as needed. Medical language interpretation competency is required. Training may be provided as necessary.
Education: High School diploma
Experience: 2 years work-related experience
Fluent in English and Cantonese: Mandarin also strongly desired
Last updated 10/22/2019