Under general direction of the Behavioral Health Manager, the individual in this position is responsible for performing mental health treatment services, psychotherapy, crisis intervention and coordinating patient care with appropriate staff.
1. Perform comprehensive mental health treatment services to clients including intake evaluations, assessments, individualized treatment plans, crisis intervention, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy treatment planning, case management and outreach.
2. Provide psychotherapy and substance abuse treatment and services to primarily adults and to adolescents and children as needed.
3. Crisis intervention may include walk in non-registered patients as well as AHS patients.
4. Coordinate care with psychiatrists, behavioral health manager, medical social worker, provider staff, perinatal program manager and other AHS staff as needed.
5. Provide counseling, information referral and follow-up services for AHS patients in family violence situations.
6. Provide consultation for other AHS staff in providing psychosocial assessments as appropriate in consultation with supervisor.
7. Work with providers in providing consultations regarding behavioral modification techniques etc. Coordinate and conduct domestic violence training to AHS staff as needed.
8. Maintain patient records, document services provided and maintain confidentiality in all aspects of service delivery. Update and maintain behavioral health database.
9. Insures and monitors all operations, procedures, interventions and documentation comply with agency, state and county guidelines and quality assurance standards.
10. Participates in behavioral health services meetings.
11. Liaison with outside agencies including but not limited to psychiatric/counseling institutions, social service agencies or other mental health facilities to coordinate patient care for AHS patients.
12. Participates as an active member of the community mental health treatment team.
13. Provides clinical supervision to MSWs and ASWs as needed. Supervision duty can be performed only if the one-time 15-hour course in supervision required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences was completed.
14. Other clinical and operation duties as assigned.
Experience: Two years clinical experience in therapy, counseling and case management. Brief (crisis) and long term psychotherapy experience. Must provide verification.
Preferred: Bilingual in Cantonese or Vietnamese and English
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid California professional license in LCSW or PhD Clinical Psychologist
Last updated 11/26/2019