Under general direction of the Behavioral Health Manager, the individual in this position is responsible for performing mental health treatment services, psychotherapy, crisis intervention and coordinating patient care with appropriate staff.
1. Perform comprehensive mental health treatment services to clients including intake evaluations, assessments, individualized treatment plans, crisis intervention, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy treatment planning, case management and outreach.
2. Provide psychotherapy and substance abuse treatment and services to primarily adults and to adolescents and children as needed.
3. Crisis intervention may include walk in non-registered patients as well as AHS patients.
4. Coordinate care with psychiatrists, behavioral health manager, medical social worker, provider staff, perinatal program manager and other AHS staff as needed.
5. Provide counseling, information referral and follow-up services for AHS patients in family violence situations.
Experience: Two years clinical experience in therapy, counseling and case management. Brief (crisis) and long term psychotherapy experience essential.
Preferred: Bilingual in Cantonese or Vietnamese and English.
Certification, License, Registration: Valid California professional license in LCSW or PhD Clinical Psychologist
Last updated 11/21/2019