The Health Coach is a Medical Assistant who, under supervision from the RN Site Manager, also serves as a member of the chronic care management team collaborating with patients and their providers to optimize delivery of health care services to patients. The Health Coach provides medical assistance and interpretation, coordinates patient care with providers, and performs clerical tasks.
1. Provides highest quality of Medical Assistant care according to clinic policies and culturally competent care consistent with the agency’s Guide to Service Excellence and Corporate Compliance Plan; safeguards patient’s privacy rights and cooperates in resolution of patient complaints.
2. During the training process, incumbents are required to perform all the Health Coach II duties under close supervision and are expected to meet the goal of working independently by the end of the training period.
3. Takes and records vital signs, recognizing abnormalities and reporting them to nurses and providers.
4. Performs basic in-clinic lab tests and obtains/processes specimens for lab send-out; performs tests such as electrocardiogram, spirometry, audiometry and Snellen test.
5. Performs basic nursing procedures such as injections (for immunizations and tuberculin skin tests only), phlebotomy and dressing changes.
6. Enters health information into electronic health records (EHR) and utilizes EHR for documentation, records retrieval, staff communications, and data reporting.
Experience: One year of clinical experience in the healthcare setting
Preferred: Commitment to working in the Asian community, to community health care with familiarity with community health clinics preferred.
Certificate, License, Registrations: CPR certification
Bilingual/bicultural in an Asian language required
Last updated 10/29/2019